The School for Continuing Studies is Booth University College’s online and distance education provider, offering online, hybrid, and intensive courses; certificate programs; and a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies.
- Bachelor of Arts (General) – Biblical and Theological Studies
- Certificate in Advanced Leadership for Congregations
- Certificate in Applied Leadership
- Certificate in Chaplaincy & Spiritual Care
- Certificate in Kroc Center Leadership
- Certificate in Not-for-Profit Management
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS) – Salvation Army Studies
Continuing Studies at Booth University College
The School for Continuing Studies’ degree and certificate programs combine theory and practical experiences to create a dynamic learning environment. We place an emphasis on character, scholarship and leadership, with the goal of preparing every student to be a transforming influence in the world.
- Discover courses that fit around your schedule
- Access our Program Coordinator, who will be your personal advisor
- Interact with other students in a virtual learning environment
- Experience learning that is professional, skill-based, and development-focused
While certain programs are designed for Salvation Army personnel, others cater to the public at large.
The Salvation Army Connection
The School for Continuing Studies is a primary centre for the education and training of Salvation Army officers (post- CFOT) and Salvation Army staff and lay members. Our programs equip students to serve in corps appointments, leadership, chaplaincy, Kroc Centers, and more.
The School for Continuing Studies is called to serve a troubled and hurting world through transformative learning.
The School for Continuing Studies envisions a world transformed through a leadership development centre; focused on development of skills, knowledge, character, and academic excellence; and rooted in Christian faith and The Salvation Army Wesleyan tradition.
How to Apply
1. Register for a Booth University College account here.
2. Once you have your account, you will be prompted to choose your program (the certificate or degree).
3. After you have chosen your program, you can connect with Michael Glowasky for help in selecting your courses.
“I found that the professors of my online courses were just as involved as if I was seeing them in the classroom every week. They checked in with me regularly and would ask how I was doing with the course load.”
– Jenn Trinkies
“I love the online course format for many reasons: I don’t have to commute, saves wear and tear on my car, I can work at a reasonable pace in my own space, there is often opportunity to do online forums to keep students and the professor connected, and I have received prompt help from professors when I needed it. Thumbs up to online learning!”
– Betty Ryzner-Madsen
“Online courses give you more flexibility to see your family and get your work completed.”
– Aaron Goodchild
College for Officer Training (CFOT)
For more information about the School of Continuing Studies, contact us.
(toll-free) 1-877-942.6684 x 130
Booth University College is proud to offer affordable Christian higher education through our School for Continuing Studies programs.
Hybrid Campus Accommodations
If you’re going to stay in residence on the Booth University College campus for your intensive classes, download and complete the accommodation form.