Welcome to Booth University College, a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in downtown Winnipeg, Booth University College reflects The Salvation Army’s deep involvement in service to the community and is committed to providing education for a better world.
Applications for open postings or inquiries related to employment with Booth University College should be sent to: BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Administrative Coordinator- Academic Office
Booth University College invites applications for an eLearning Instructional Designer who thrives on applying his or her creativity and communication skills to translate ideas from classroom to the on line environment and is excited by the opportunity to contribute to the mission of Education for a Better World in a Christian post-secondary setting.
The Instructional Designer will join the team in our School for Continuing Studies during a time of planned change and growth as laid out in the strategic plan, Vision 2020: The Road to Booth University. Reporting to the Dean of the School, the Instructional Designer’s key responsibilities include:
- Work with content area specialists to develop and revise course shells
- Design, create and maintain Learning Management System (LMS) sites for distance education courses and to support resource content sites for on-campus courses
- Implement sound instructional design projects using the University College’s learning management system and make recommendations to develop LMS elements to facilitate instructor-student interaction and achieve course objectives
- Provide support and training and development opportunities for faculty to facilitate understanding and effective utilization of the learning management system
- Participate in various committees including the School for Continuing Studies Program Committee and Strategic Planning Committee
Persons applying for this position should
- Have several years of experience in the field of instructional design, preferably in a post-secondary environment
- Hold a degree (Master’s level preferred) in education, curriculum and instruction, distributed learning, educational technology or related area
- Be a critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills
- Hold a deep commitment to Christian higher education, the mission of Booth University College, and have the ability to integrate one’s Christian faith in the workplace
- Be an effective communicator with demonstrated strength in design, writing and editing skills and the ability to engage with subject matter experts
- Be detail oriented with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
This is a full time position and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating university college environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as BoothUC moves forward on its commitment to “education for a better world”. Apply now with cover letter and resume to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, at BoothUC_Careers@boothuc.ca.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR- ACADEMIC OFFICE
Booth University College is seeking an administrative professional who is fully committed to Christian higher education and who has the attention to detail, and organizational skills to effectively support the work of the Academic Services Office.
Reporting to the Vice President Academic and Dean, the Administrative Coordinator provides assistance to the VP Academic, supports the flow of the academic schedule and is responsible for a variety of records and for smooth running of the Academic Services Office. Specific duties include:
- Maintain daily calendar for VP Academic
- Manage the Academic Services Office, greeting visitors, handling routine inquiries, processing invoices, maintaining records, etc.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for various meetings and committees
- Update the University College calendar in consultation with the VP Academic
- Maintain variety of paper and electronic files including tenure application and review, course syllabi, course evaluations, etc.
- Participate in planning and preparation for special events including orientation, convocations and Sessional Instructor orientation
- Undertake research and special projects as directed
- Provide support for faculty in the Arts program and provide back-up support to other administrative and reception staff
- Post-secondary education in office administration
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience with at least one year providing administrative support at senior level
- A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Detail oriented and well organized, with strong written communication and proofreading skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people, clearly exchanging information verbally and through emails, memos, minutes, and other written documents
- Self-disciplined, dependable administrative professional with ability to be productive with limited supervision
- Experience in a post-secondary education setting and an understanding of The Salvation Army would be an asset
This is a full time position and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating university college environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as BoothUC moves forward on its commitment to “education for a better world”. Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, at BoothUC_Careers@boothuc.ca. In your cover letter please briefly highlight the ways in which you fulfill the qualifications listed in this posting. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Deadline for applications is July 21, 2017.