Welcome to Booth University College, a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in downtown Winnipeg, Booth University College reflects The Salvation Army’s deep involvement in service to the community and is committed to providing education for a better world.
Applications for open postings or inquiries related to employment with Booth University College should be sent to: BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Director of Advancement
Administrative Assistant- Business Office
Psychology Tenure Track Faculty
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Booth University College, a Christian undergraduate institution in Winnipeg, has a career opportunity for a Director of Advancement.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Advancement will
- Create and execute an integrated strategic advancement plan that covers fundraising, communications and alumni relations, that utilizes industry best practices and that aligns with Booth University College’s strategic plan
- Ensure resources are in place to support the institution’s long-term financial stability by designing and implementing strategies for raising funds to support current and future operations
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects including personal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Work directly with the President in government relations and major gift fundraising activities
- Manage and provide leadership to the Development Coordinator and Communications Specialist
- Oversee gift acknowledgements, accounting and data management of the Advancement office
- Provide timely reporting on the implementation and results of the advancement activities
- Maintain effective relationships with Booth UC leadership and with The Salvation Army public relations and development personnel.
- University degree and CFRE designation with seven years of demonstrated success leading advancement operations, preferably in higher education
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic planning and thinking with excellence in operational execution.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search Certification
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coach and develop these skills in team members
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating academic environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as Booth UC moves forward on its commitment to “education for a better world”. Apply now with cover letter and resume to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator at BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – BUSINESS OFFICE
This is a career opportunity for an administrative specialist with experience and/or training in Human Resources. Booth University College is a Christian University College in the heart of Winnipeg and we are seeking applications for the Administrative Assistant to support our Business Office with a particular emphasis on the Human Resources department.
- Handle various functions in the HR/Payroll data base UltiPro system including
- Entering all staffing changes and updates;
- Liaise with The Salvation Army payroll department;
- Provide training to new employees on how to access and use the system
- Process group benefit and RRSP forms
- Provide administrative support for onboarding new employees
- Prepare letter of offer and supporting documents
- Arrange keys, name tags, IT support, office supplies, etc.
- Support recruiting efforts by posting jobs, reviewing applications, arranging interviews
- Work closely with Academic Office on preparation and tracking of contracts for Sessional Instructors
- Provide general administrative support for the Business Office in a number of areas including
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the University College
- Manage cell phones contracts
- Provide reception desk coverage as required
- Order general supplies; maintain general office
- Provide support to Finance office by processing and filing invoices; processing credit card statements for assigned managers
- Develop written procedures for HR processes and assist on HR projects as needed
- Highly organized with a solid understanding of HR function
- Skilled in preparing concise, clear written materials
- Post-secondary training in administration combined with 3 years of directly related experience
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Able to work confidently and independently with a complex data base
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining quality and accuracy of work
Application must include a cover letter. In the letter please describe why you want to work at a Christian University College; what specific type of experience you have with data bases; what key strengths you would bring to this position.
Send resume and cover letter to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator at BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY – DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
We seek candidates qualified to teach foundational, undergraduate courses in psychology and upper level courses in their area of specialization. Teaching competencies in areas of social psychology and / or human development are essential. Competencies in areas such as clinical and abnormal psychology, community mental health, and / or industrial-organizational psychology would be considered an asset. Applicants should have a PhD in Psychology and preferably have a minimum of 5 years of experience at a post-secondary institution. In concert with teaching, applicants would be expected to contribute collaboratively to the development of a growing degree program in an interdisciplinary environment and establish a modest research program involving undergraduate students. The successful applicant must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting.
The anticipated starting date for this full-time, tenure-track position is July 2018.
Application materials should include: curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and professional engagement, statement on how your faith commitment would contribute to both teaching and scholarship at Booth UC, names and contact information for three references and evidence of effective teaching (if available).
Applications and inquiries may be submitted in confidence to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, Booth University College; email BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Applications will be reviewed as received, until the position is filled.