Welcome to Booth University College, a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in downtown Winnipeg, Booth University College reflects The Salvation Army’s deep involvement in service to the community and is committed to providing education for a better world.
Applications for open postings or inquiries related to employment with Booth University College should be sent to: BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AT BOOTH UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – SCHOOL FOR CONTINUING STUDIES
The Administrative Assistant will provide effective administrative support to the Dean of the School for Continuing Studies (SCS) as well as supporting core faculty and on-campus sessional instructors at this location.
Specific duties will include:
- Prepare agendas, minutes, documents and presentations as required
- Maintain daily calendar for the Dean
- Respond to routine correspondence
- Provide professional and welcoming reception for SCS and other departments
- Maintain a wide range of records in various formats relating to course instructors, enrollments, evaluations, program information, course syllabi, etc.
- Track budget expenses
- Support other staff in providing assistance and troubleshooting with the online learning platform for students and instructors
- Participate in committees as directed
- Provide general and administrative support to faculty
- Assist Program Head and faculty with miscellaneous duties and special projects
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary training in office administration
- Minimum 2 years directly related experience
- A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Demonstrated skills in effectively utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing and graphic presentation software
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people, clearly exchanging information verbally and through emails, memos, minutes, and other written documents
- Self-disciplined, dependable administrative professional with ability to be productive with limited supervision
- Experience in a post-secondary education setting and an understanding of The Salvation Army would be an asset
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating academic environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as Booth UC moves forward on its commitment to provide “education for a better world”. Apply now with a cover letter and resume to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator at BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca