Welcome to Booth University College, a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in downtown Winnipeg, Booth University College reflects The Salvation Army’s deep involvement in service to the community and is committed to providing education for a better world.
Applications for open postings or inquiries related to employment with Booth University College should be sent to: BoothUC_Careers@BoothUC.ca.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS AT BOOTH UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
- VICE PRESIDENT ACADEMIC AND DEAN (click here for details)
For other career opportunities please scroll down to see the full posting:
- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
- PSYCHOLOGY TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION
- ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
- ADMISSIONS COUNSELLORS
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
Booth University College has a career opportunity for an Executive Assistant to the President. For a skilled administrative professional, this role provides the opportunity to apply his or her skills in an environment with a strong and compelling mission in a time of planned growth and change as articulated in our strategy for the future , “Vision 2020: The Road to Booth University”.
The Executive Assistant will provide effective administrative support for the President of Booth University College and serve as the President’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees.
To fulfill this role the Executive Assistant will
- Handle the full range of logistic and administrative support required for Board meetings and other key meetings
- Provide professional and confidential support to the President on matters of the University College
- Manage the President’s calendar of appointments, working collaboratively to ensure the President is well prepared for upcoming commitments
- Work collaboratively across functions and departments within Booth UC
- Liaise with various external contacts on behalf of the President
- Develop and utilize a confidential filing and retrieval system to provide critical information and historical reference
- Research various issues and prepare analyses and reports that provide management with information necessary for decision making.
- Participate in planning various institutional events and handle various other administrative tasks as directed by the President
Persons applying for this position should
- have several years progressive work experience in administrative support for senior management
- have exceptional organizational and time management skills
- hold a deep commitment to Christian higher education, the mission of Booth University College, and have the ability to integrate one’s Christian faith in the workplace
- be a critical thinker with effective problem solving skills
- excel at building positive working relationships.
Completion of an undergraduate degree would be preferred as would a solid understanding of the governance and structure of a post-secondary educational institution.
This is a full time position and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating university college environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as BoothUC moves forward on its commitment to “education for a better world”. Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, at BoothUC_Careers@boothuc.ca. In your cover letter please briefly highlight the ways in which you fulfill the qualifications listed in this posting. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Deadline for applications is February 10, 2017.
PSYCHOLOGY TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION
We seek candidates qualified to teach foundational, undergraduate courses in psychology and upper level courses in their area of specialization. Teaching competencies in areas of social psychology and / or human development are essential. Competencies in areas such as clinical and abnormal psychology, community mental health, and / or industrial-organizational psychology would be considered an asset. Applicants should have a PhD in Psychology and preferably have a minimum of 5 years of experience at a post-secondary institution. In concert with teaching, applicants would be expected to contribute collaboratively to the development of a growing degree program in an interdisciplinary environment and establish a modest research program involving undergraduate students. The successful applicant must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting.
The anticipated starting date for this full-time, tenure-track position is July 2017.
Application materials should include: curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and professional engagement, statement on how your faith commitment would contribute to both teaching and scholarship at Booth University College, names and contact information for three references and evidence of effective teaching (if available).
Applications and inquiries may be submitted in confidence to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, Booth University College; email email@example.com All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Applications will be reviewed as received, until the position is filled.
You are a university graduate with a solid understanding of the post-secondary admissions process and the role good counsellors play in assisting young people as they make key decisions on their educational goals. You are creative, energetic and value Christian higher education.
Booth University College is a Christian undergraduate institution in Winnipeg with a steady growth in student enrollment. As a result our Admissions department is expanding and is seeking candidates to join our team in the role of Admissions Counsellor.
The Admissions Counsellor’s main responsibilities are to identify future students, promote the advantages of Booth University College and recruit students from first contact through to enrollment.
As a key part of the Admissions team and reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counsellor will:
- Plan and execute recruitment travel, coordinate with High School guidance counsellors and other local institutions
- Develop extensive knowledge of Booth University College academic programs and policies, admissions requirements, campus activities, scholarships, etc.
- Promote and raise the profile of Booth University College through a variety of activities including public speaking, attendance at career symposiums, coordinating and hosting group and individual campus visits, meeting one on one with prospective students and parents
- Continually qualify the applicant pool
- Monitor receipt of applications and maintain ongoing contacts with applicants to ensure file completion
- Review files for acceptance and present admission recommendations to Director of Admissions
- Effectively utilize the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software to execute job responsibilities
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field
- Several years progressive work experience with experience in student recruitment
- Ability to effectively utilize data base system; experience with a Student Information System or CRM software an asset
- A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Excellent communication and relation-building skills; an effective public speaker
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to stay positively focused on attaining targets
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel (primarily within the province) and to work flexible hours including evenings
We are recruiting for two positions. They are both full time, 37.5 hours per week. Anticipated starting date for one position is January 2017 and the second is a term position beginning March 2017. In addition to the compensation package they offer a stimulating university college environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as Booth UC continues with its commitment to provide “education for a better world”.
Apply to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume by January 3, 2017.