The International Student Orientation is a 2-day event designed to welcome incoming international students to Booth UC and to help prepare them for the upcoming academic year, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Students attending the orientation will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with other international students
- Learn about Canadian culture
- Learn more about Booth UC and university education in Canada
- Discover Winnipeg in a fun, group environment
- Talk with second and third year international Booth students about their experiences studying in a new country
TO DO CHECKLIST
All incoming international students are required to attend, so make sure to register right away!
If you will be living in residence throughout the semester, please contact Derek Loeppky to make accommodation arrangements.
Wednesday, August 30th
8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Meet & Greet with fellow students
- Introduction to Canadian culture
- Q&A with past international students
- Registration, fee payment, ID cards
Thursday, August 31st
9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Workshop: Library Tutorial
- Workshop: Academic Integrity
- Campus Tour
- Downtown Spirit Scavenger hunt