As part of Booth University College’s admissions process for the School for Continuing Studies Certificate in Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care, we ask all applicants to write a letter of introduction and intent, as well as provide letters of reference. The purpose of these is to help us assess your suitability for the certificate program.
Letter of Introduction and Intent
Please submit your answers to the following in a brief essay:
- By way of introduction, please tell us a little bit about yourself and your life journey.
- Please comment on your spiritual life and your service or ministry.
- Why are you pursuing a Certificate in Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care at this time in your life?
- How do you hope to benefit from the learning?
- Why do you think Booth University College is a good academic fit for your life and learning?
- Please attach two letters of reference from:
- An employer, friend, or academic
- A spiritual advisor or pastor
- Your reference letters should address the following:
- How long has the person writing the letter known you, and in what capacity?
- Information describing your suitability to enter a course of academic studies
- Your suitability for entrance to the Certificate in Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care
- If you completed your application online, please mail your reference letters to the address below with a cover letter indicating that you completed an online application form. If you downloaded our application form, please include the completed application and the reference letters in one envelope.
Booth University College
School for Continuing Studies
200-290 Vaughan Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C IT5