Community & Guest Users
Students currently studying at other post-secondary institutions and members of the public who live in Winnipeg can apply for Guest/Community User card. For the general public there is an annual $10 fee for the card. Children and young adults under the age of 17 cannot sign up for their card.
When you sign up for a library card at the circulation desk you will need to show 2 pieces of ID, one with a photo, that both include your name and current address. eg. valid driver's license, current utility bills, Manitoba health card.
There are a variety of materials you can borrow, including:
For full details on loan periods, renewals, etc., see our circulation section.
Are there any restrictions?
Guest users cannot borrow from the following collections:
- Rare books
- Current periodicals
Guest users do not have off-campus access to any subscription electronic resources, such as the databases or electronic journals nor can they use the Inter-library loan service.
Login to My Library Account from the Library website to see what you have checked out, renew books and videos, view holds and requests, check to see if you have any overdue materials and fines, etc.
The Library will automatically notify patrons by email about:
- items you placed on hold that are ready for pickup
- courtesy reminder of materials that will be due in three days
- overdue materials or fines
- reminder of the last day to return Library materials (i.e. last day of the semester)
|Books, CDs and Kits||3 weeks. 3 renewals|
|Videos and DVDs||7 days. Maximum of 5 checked out at one time|
|Reference Books , Current journals||Library use only.|
|Bound Journals||3 days. Maximum of 5 checked out at one time|
If what you want is signed out, you can place a hold on it and you will be notified as soon as the material is returned by the other borrower. Once you are notified, you have 24 hours to come in and pick up the item on hold.
When you've found something you want in the library catalogue, click on its title. Click on "Recall this item" near the top of the page. If the catalogue will not let you put an item on hold, contact the library and library staff can help.
Patrons can renew their materials:
- Online - See below for instructions. This will give you access to details about your library account. Contact library staff if you have forgotten your password.
- Reply to an automated e-mail reminder sent by the library
- By telephone at 204-924-4857
- In person
- Click on 'Your Account' in the menu on the left or click here
- Enter your 14 digit barcode found on the front of your library card
- Enter your PIN (password) & click on Submit
- If you do not have a PIN, leave that space blank. Click on Submit and you will be asked to create one (4-8 digits)
- Click in the box to the left of each title you’re renewing and then Renew Selected Items or click Renew All.
You are responsible to return or renew your loans by the date they are due. We encourage you to renew your books a day or two ahead of time since the online system will not let you renew items that have become overdue. Also, you cannot renew items that have been placed on hold by another borrower. This way, you have enough time to return the items if necessary.
- Books can be returned to the library or in the Book Return located in front of the main building on 447 Webb Place.
- Return all videos and DVDs directly to the library as they can be damaged by weather and falling books in the return bin.
- Book drops are cleared by 8:00 a.m. and overdue fees will be charged accordingly.
If materials are not returned within three weeks of receiving a third ovedue notice, the Library will issue a replacement bill in addition to any fines that may have accrued. Accounts will be frozen until the items are returned. Smaller overdue fines may still apply once the items have been returned.
|Books, CDs, DVDs, videos||50¢ per day per item to a max. of $15.00 per item.|
Sometimes bad things happen to good books! If material is lost or damaged, the Library will charge the patron a replacement fee. There are no exceptions to exempt any library user from this fee.
Books or DVDs will be charged the exact cost for replacing the item + a $10.00 administration fee.
For out-of-print titles, there is a flat fee of $25.00 for trade paperpacks and $55.00 for hardcover titles.
If you locate & purchase the same edition the item in the same condition or better than the lost item, you may bring that in to replace the one that was lost. Often books are available on sites like Amazon, ABH or Bookfinder for less than we would charge. Staff judgement on the condition of the lost item is final.
These fees may seem high but, in fact, they do not truly reflect the cost to the Library of purchasing another copy and processing it so that it can go on the Library shelves. Many valuable books are no longer in print. The Library would prefer to get all materials back, rather than try to replace them.
A photocopier and printer are located close to the entrance to the library.
Copies and printouts are 10¢ per page. Double-sided copies count as 2 pages.
Colour copies and printouts are available for a cost of 35¢ per page. Take your request to the circulation desk and staff will make the copies for you.
Guests - ask for a copy card at the Circulation Desk. We take cash or credit/debit card (min. $3.00)
Take care of your card. Don't let others use it.
Take care of library material. Return items in good condition for use by the next person.
Return your materials on time.
Let us know if your name, address, phone number or e-mail address changes.
Report a lost or stolen card immediately.