Booth University College is a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba the University College denominational owner is The Salvation Army and reflects its deep involvement in service to the community. Booth University College currently invites applications for the positions of :
Recruiter (term position)
Information on each of these positions is listed below.
Application for any of these positions may be submitted in confidence electronically to: Marilyn_Coupland@BoothUC.ca, or by mail to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, Booth University College, 447 Webb Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2P2.
RECRUITER – term position
This is a full time 4 month term position. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Recruiter will be a part of our Admissions team and contribute to the attainment of goals articulated in our Strategic Recruitment Plan.
- Visit high schools, church and youth groups to promote Booth University College and encourage prospective students to visit our campus
-Develop cooperative relationships with high school counsellors and other educators and provide information regarding Booth’s academic environment.
-Promote the advantages of the student experience at BoothUC through a variety of activities including participating in hosted events; attending career symposiums and fairs; preparation of promotional materials; communication with prospective students and parents.
- Post-secondary education with experience in business, sales or marketing
- Previous student recruitment experience would be an asset
- Able to integrate your Christian faith in the workplace, to embrace our mission of “education for a better world” and to promote the advantages of enrolment in a Christian post-secondary institution
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including public speaking experience
- Must have a valid driving license, be willing to travel within the city and province and be available to work some evenings and weekends
The Registrar is a key position with responsibility for an effective and accurate registration and enrolment process, institutional reporting, student support and significant data management. The incumbent will play an integral role in assisting the University College in achieving the priorities identified in our Vision 2020 Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the Vice President Academic and Dean, the Registrar will
- Process enrolment of new and returning students to the University College
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of all student records
- Supervise Registrar Office staff
- Manage the Student Information System database, maximizing utilization of the system and training faculty, staff and students on its use
- Prepare statistical reports for internal and external use
- For Manitoba Student Aid ensure policies and protocols are met as stated in the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding).
- Create course/class sections and class scheduling taking into account institutional, student, program and faculty requirements
- Liaise with other educational institutions, ensuring that terms of relationship agreements are being met
- Work closely and collaboratively across functional areas (Admissions, Faculty, etc.)
- Assess transfer credits in consultation with department chairs and consult on international student credentials
- Confirm students have fulfilled program requirements prior to graduation and present qualified students to Senate for approval - Develop, implement and advise on policies and procedures for enrolment management, database management and other areas of Registrar’s responsibility
- Participate in committees including Admissions, Financial Aid, School for Continuing Studies Program Committee and others as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field
- Several years of progressive work experience including working with sophisticated data management systems
- Direct experience in a Registrar’s environment would be preferred and experience with Blackbaud would be an asset - Exceptional organizational and time management skills; must be able to manage competing, tight deadlines and to function in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- A desire to work in a Christian post-secondary institution with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- A critical thinker with effective problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills - Must have or obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Search Certificate