ADMISSIONS COUNSELLOR (STUDENT RECRUITER) / STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR / BUSINESS FACULTY / PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY
INQUIRIES, APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT
Click here for details.
Booth University College is a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Centrally located in Winnipeg, Booth University College reflects The Salvation Army’s deep involvement in service to the community and is committed to “Education for a Better World” as described in its mission statement:
William and Catherine Booth University College, rooted in The Salvation Army’s Wesleyan theological tradition, brings together Christian faith, rigorous scholarship and a passion for service. The University College educates students to understand the complexities of our world, to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be active contributors to society, and to know how Christian faith compels them to bring hope, social justice and mercy into our world.
CURRENT OPENINGS AT BOOTH UNIVERSITY COLLEGE:
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. Scroll down for full posting details. Applications or inquiries related to employment with Booth University College should be directed to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychology Faculty - Tenure-Track Position
Admissions Counsellor (Student Recruiter)
Interviews are in progress, but resumes will still be accepted and reviewed at this time.
Student Services Coordinator
Faculty Position - Tenure-Track, Business Program
Sessional Instructors - Business Program
1. PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY
We seek candidates qualified to teach foundational, undergraduate courses in psychology and upper level courses in their area of specialization. Teaching competencies in areas of research methods and statistics are essential. Competencies in areas such as community mental health, human cognition, abnormal psychology, dyadic communication, biological bases for behavior and/or organizational psychology would be considered an asset. Applicants should have a PhD in Psychology or be advanced ABD status at the time of appointment. In concert with teaching, applicants would be expected to contribute collaboratively to the development of a growing new degree program in an interdisciplinary environment and establish a modest research program involving undergraduate students. The successful applicant must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting.
The anticipated starting date for this full-time, tenure-track position is July 2016 but could be as early as January 2016 depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE: CURRICULUM VITAE, STATEMENT OF TEACHING PHILOSOPHY AND PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT, STATEMENT ON HOW YOUR FAITH COMMITMENT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO BOTH TEACHING AND SCHOLARSHIP AT BOOTH UC NAMES AND CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THREE REFERENCES AND EVIDENCE OF EFFECTIVE TEACHING (IF AVAILABLE).
Applications and inquiries may be submitted in confidence electronically to: Marilyn_Coupland@BoothUC.ca, All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Applications will be reviewed as received, until the position is filled.
2. ADMISSIONS COUNSELLOR (Student Recruiter) - one full-time term position
The Admissions Counsellor’s main responsibilities are to identify future students, promote the advantages of Booth University College and recruit students from first contact through to enrollment.
As a key part of the Admissions team and reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counsellor will:
• Manage a geographic recruitment territory including researching distinctive features of the area, developing proposals for off-campus recruiting activities, setting and attaining recruitment targets
• Plan and execute fall and spring recruitment travel, coordinate with High School guidance counsellors and other local institutions
• Develop extensive knowledge of Booth University College academic programs and policies, admissions requirements, campus activities, scholarships, etc.
• Promote and raise the profile of Booth University College through a variety of activities including public speaking, attendance at career symposiums, coordinating and hosting group and individual campus visits, meeting one on one with prospective students and parents
• Monitor the inquiry, hot prospect, application and deposit numbers for the recruitment territory; continually qualify and contact the inquiry pool
• Monitor receipt of applications and maintain ongoing contacts with applicants to ensure file completion
• Review files for acceptance and present admission recommendations to Director of Admissions.
• Post-secondary degree in a relevant field
• Several years progressive work experience with experience in recruitment, marketing or public relations preferred
• Experience with Blackbaud would be an asset
• Creative problem solving skills with the ability to stay positively focused on attaining targets
• A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
• A satisfactory Criminal Record Search Certificate
• Excellent communication and relation-building skills; an effective public speaker
• Highly organized with excellent follow-up skills
• A valid driver’s license
• Willing to travel and to work flexible hours including evenings
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, for a four month term. Cover letter and resume should be submitted to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, by email: email@example.com.
3. STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Student Services Coordinator will provide spiritual care for students, will manage the student residence, and will participate in provision of student services/activities.
Key responsibilities in the area of spiritual care include:
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of worship and spiritual life programs
• Oversee the development of the student worship team
• Work with the Student Life Committee to plan events related to the spiritual life of the University College community
• Liaise with the Divisional Youth Secretary of The Salvation Army to promote Divisional events and activities that may enrich the spiritual development of BoothUC students
• Be available to students for spiritual care
• Communicate with students to enhance their awareness of spiritual care and spiritual development resources available to them
Additionally, the Student Services Coordinator will coordinate a variety of student services and manage the student residence including
• Recruit, train and supervise Resident Assistants
• Support the Resident Assistants in planning residence activities, events and regular meetings
• Provide guidance to the Resident Assistants on appropriate ways to respond to issues and concerns that arise in residence
• Be on-call as scheduled to respond to emergency or urgent situations such as injury, serious illness, etc.
• Update Dean of Students regularly on residence activities and issues; provide recommendations on policies and programs to enhance the student residence experience
• In consultation with the Dean, develop and maintain programs designed to enhance student and community life, such as orientation, on and off-campus volunteer opportunities, sports activities, etc.
• Provide leadership and support to the Student Life Committee and work with student leaders in organizing special events.
• Post-secondary degree in a relevant field (minimum of bachelor’s degree) and demonstrated skills in providing spiritual care with a solid understanding of Christian Wesleyan theology
• A Salvationist in good standing preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills and the ability to work with a diversity of individuals and groups across departments
• Strong administrative and leadership skills with experience in residence/hostel management an asset
• Effective communicator who handles sensitive matters with discretion and good judgement
• Satisfactory criminal record search certificate
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness to live on-site would be preferred
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, and the compensation package includes health, dental and other group benefits, RSP, vacation and sick leave program, and a bursary program.
Applications may be submitted in confidence to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, by email: Marilyn_Coupland@boothuc.ca. Deadline has been extended. We are currently continuing to accept applications.
4. BUSINESS FACULTY
The Department of Business Administration at Booth University College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the area of Marketing, Strategy or Human Resources Management. Qualified candidates in other areas of specialization within Business Administration will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will possess a related master’s degree or greater, a professional designation if applicable and a minimum of five years of professional experience. An alternate combination of relevant education and experience may be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who have post-secondary teaching experience. The successful applicant must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting.
The anticipated starting date for the position is July 1, 2016. Application materials should include:
• curriculum vitae,
• statement of teaching philosophy and professional engagement,
• statement on how your faith commitment would contribute to both teaching and scholarship at Booth UC,
• names and contact information for three references
• evidence of effective teaching (if available).
Applications may be submitted in confidence to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, by email firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The review of applications will begin immediately.
5. SESSIONAL INSTRUCTORS – Business Courses
We are also inviting applications to fill current and future sessional instructor openings. To apply submit a curriculum vitae and listing of Booth courses you would be interested to teach. Applications or inquiries may be directed to Prof. Angela Davis, Director Business Program by email: email@example.com. Prior teaching or corporate training experience would be an asset.