Booth University College is a growing undergraduate Christian institution built on 30 years of excellence, offering a range of academic programs. Located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada), the University College denominational owner is The Salvation Army and Booth UC’s mission reflects its deep involvement in service to the community.
Booth University College currently invites applications for the positions of:
1. Executive Assistant
2. Business Faculty
Information on each of these positions is listed below.
Application for these positions may be submitted in confidence electronically to: Marilyn_Coupland@BoothUC.ca, or by mail to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator, Booth University College, 447 Webb Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2P2.
1. EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing effective administrative support for the President of Booth University College, and serves as the President’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant manages the President’s calendar of appointments; reads, researches and routes correspondence; drafts letters and documents; arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries; and works to ensure the President is well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. The Executive Assistant also provides support for the communications and development functions of the University College.
For various meetings, including Board meetings, the Executive Assistant aids in planning, handles the logistics of these meetings, prepares and sends materials for prior review, prepares agenda, records minutes and tracks resulting action items. The Executive Assistant develops and utilizes a confidential filing and retrieval system to provide critical information and historical reference. As assigned researches various issues, and assembles relevant data to prepare analyses and reports that provide management with information necessary for decision-making. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will participate in planning and organizing various institutional events.
- Several years of progressive work experience in administrative support;
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Post-secondary degree preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of the governance and structure of a post-secondary educational institution is an asset
- Articulate and professional, excellent at maintaining positive working relationships
- A desire to work in a Christian university with the ability to integrate one’s faith in the workplace and a commitment to the mission of Booth University College
- Ability to use own initiative and make decisions where appropriate with good judgement
- A critical thinker with effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate discretion and handle sensitive or confidential information with highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week, and the compensation package includes health, dental and other group benefits, RSP, vacation and sick leave program, and a bursary program.
The Department of Business Administration at Booth University College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the areas of Marketing, Strategy, or Human Resource Management. Qualified candidates in other areas of specialization within Business Administration will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will possess a related master’s degree or greater, a professional designation and a minimum of five years of professional experience. An alternate combination of relevant education and experience may be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who have post-secondary teaching experience. The successful applicant must have an active Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting.
The anticipated starting date for the position is July 1, 2015. APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD INCLUDE: CURRICULUM VITAE, STATEMENT OF TEACHING PHILOSOPHY AND PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT, STATEMENT ON HOW YOUR FAITH COMMITMENT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO BOTH TEACHING AND SCHOLARSHIP AT BOOTH UC, NAMES AND CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THREE REFERENCES AND EVIDENCE OF EFFECTIVE TEACHING (IF AVAILABLE).